Hot Topics
Getting your DAC report

You are entitled to request disclosure of the contents of your DAC file, and DAC is required to respond within 15 days. This includes both owner-operators and company drivers.

To get a copy of the DAC Services file on you, send your written request and a check or money order for $8 to:

DAC Services
S. 129th East Ave., Suite 200
Tulsa, OK 74134-5885

Be sure to sign the letter the same way you signed your driver’s license. Enclose legible, enlarged copies of your driver’s license and your Social Security card. Make your check or money order payable to DAC Services.

Reports will be free beginning Dec. 1. Keep a copy of everything you send to DAC.

OOIDA is interested in hearing from anyone who thinks his or her DAC report is incomplete, inaccurate or ambiguous. Reports that state the driver has “violated company policy” or is “not eligible for rehire” may be of special interest. Send your DAC Report to: OOIDA Business Services department, PO Box 1000, Grain Valley, MO 64029, so we can evaluate it.

Editor’s note: While we’re on the topic, don’t miss Jim Johnston’s “Issues & Positions”.